What services do we provide?
Many of our agencies work alongside 1:1 with our whánau participants. Developing and strengthening their knowledge and life skills further to inspire them to have the confidence to thrive within their whánau and community.
Our agencies will also collaborate with other compatible social service providers to bring personal development services with the objective of ensuring the whánau participant is receiving a comprehensive range of assistance to meet all their needs. These collaborations are very valuable to us and we are always open to new initiatives to collaborate with.
Some of our agencies also offer group sharing. Please contact your local branch to find out what they offer. Our locations
Some of the services that our agencies offer:
Please note: our agencies respond to the needs of their communities so not all agencies offer the services below.
• How to make your income go further. - including supermarket shopping tips.
• Financial mentoring and Budgeting
• Cooking healthy, tasty meals on a shoestring budget
• Growing your own food
• Getting into a routine around the home
• Developing household routines
• Making your own cleaning products
• Preserving in-season fruit and vegetables
• Basic repairs around the home
• Clothes mending/ sewing/ knitting
• Job seeking skills
Where do you learn these life skills?
YOUR OWN HOME
Work 1:1 with a mentor in your own home.
Many of our agencies can work with you one on one at their premises.
Some people prefer to learn in a group environment and many of the SuperGrans also offer workshops to meet this need. Coordinators and mentors work together to provide you with a fun, fulfilling and informative workshop.